Chromebooks have become popular in recent years, and for a good reason. They are affordable, lightweight, and easy to use. But what if you want to enable the touch screen on your Chromebook?
The process of enabling is straightforward and can be done within no time. In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps. Remember that not all Chromebooks support touch screens, so make sure yours does before trying this out.
- 1 How to enable touch screen on Chromebook
- 2 FAQs:
- 2.1 Does it works with all Chromebooks?
- 2.2 How do I turn off the touch screen mode?
- 2.3 How to use the touch screen on Chromebook
- 2.4 Can I use the touch screen on Chromebook for scrolling?
- 2.5 I can’t find the touch screen setting in my Chromebook, and it is not responding to any touch?
- 2.6 Can I use the touch screen for typing?
- 2.7 How to change the cursor speed on Chromebook touch screen
- 3 Conclusion
How to enable touch screen on Chromebook
- Log into your Chromebook
- Open up settings by clicking the status area in the lower right corner of your screen, where your account picture is displayed.
- Click “Settings” to open up the settings panel.
- From the settings panel, click “Device.”
- At the bottom of this page, you will see an option for “Enable touchscreen.” Click this option.
- A warning will come up asking if you are sure you want to turn on touch screen mode. If the Chromebook has a touch screen, this option should already be ticked.
- Check off the “Enable touchscreen” box, then click “OK.”
- Your device will restart because of your new settings.
- You are now ready to use the touch screen on your Chromebook!
Does it works with all Chromebooks?
No, not all of them have touch screen capability. So first, make sure that yours does before trying this out.
How do I turn off the touch screen mode?
To turn it back off, go to the settings panel and click on “Touchscreen.” From there, you can uncheck the box next to Enable the touchscreen.
How to use the touch screen on Chromebook
If, your Chromebook, has a touchscreen, you can click on any Chrome OS window and swipe up or down with two fingers to scroll through options like settings, pinned items, and browser windows. If your device does not have touch capabilities, navigate via mouse or keyboard.
Can I use the touch screen on Chromebook for scrolling?
Yes, you can scroll by just placing two fingers anywhere on your Chromebook’s screen and moving them in a downward motion to scroll up or in an upward movement to scroll down.
I can’t find the touch screen setting in my Chromebook, and it is not responding to any touch?
First, make sure that your Chromebook is compatible with a touchscreen, and if it is, then restart your Chromebook by pressing “ESC” + “REFRESH” + Power Button. This will make sure ChromeOS boots up ideally.
Can I use the touch screen for typing?
Yes, you can type by placing your finger on any text field or app and just swiping across the keyboard in an upward motion to select letters.
How to change the cursor speed on Chromebook touch screen
Go to the settings panel and click on the “More settings” option. Here click on “Device” at the left pane of the window. Under the Device section, click on “Mouse.” Here you can change the speed of your cursor by adjusting the speed slider bar.
So finally, we got to know how to enable touch screen mode on your Chromebook. It is not that complicated as it seems and can be done within no time. So try out the steps provided above and enjoy using your Chromebook touch screen mode. Now we know how to enable touch screens on Chromebooks and will find some more cool stuff about Chromebooks.